Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vintage Find of The Week 1919! WOWZA

Half price sale at my fav thrift shop in Toronto!  I had to pinch myself ... and make room in my trunk .... I was off like a prom dress, as my best friend would say ... headed to Toronto ...




Pick of the day .. this antique Coro Graduated Pearl necklace ... from 1919!!!  Yeppers, 1919.  Of course when I purchased it I didnt know.



this is how you can tell its age, the detailed clasp is stamped with a patent number, but thats not the interesting part ... check out the end of each strand of pearls .. they come out separately and are stamped form 1 - 3 and 1b - 3b ... wild!  " Evokes the days when women dressed in hats and gloves, with jewelry matching their outfits, just to go shopping or visiting..."

these are a personal fav .. they are 'pop it' pearls.  The pearls can be pulled apart and snapped back together ... My nana had them and I remember playing with them as a child .. plus what a great color these are!


Victorian Pearl gloves .... these babies go write up to your elbow ... fru fru!


Sugar Sugar ..  a pearl and sequin clutch.  I posted this in my shop and it sold within a day!  Ahhh and its so pretty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment